Friday, August 28, 2015

Ada's Vignettes

My Almost Built, (but not quite,) Room
If you look in the place the living room was, two cubes and a 3-D rectangle now call it home. The one on the right is my future room. If you look through the place a door should be, there are white curtains on the windows. They seem to be intangible, yet when you touch them, they aren’t. There are also wooden walls. I want to go there when there are no workers, so I can pick out where my mural will be, as well as my bed. Tita Sheila and I will paint a mural on the opposite wall from my bed. It will show a beach, with the aquamarine sea blending with sapphire, the deeper parts of the ocean. The rest of my room’s walls will be beige. Or maybe blue? I don’t have to decide now. By Daddy’s estimate, it will be finished next month, or a bit after that.

A Dinner With Family
In a sky blue room, a family of five chatters gaily about their day, around a small, brown table where a simple, albeit delicious meal is placed. The eldest child, a girl, proclaims, “I got a perfect score on my test today!” “Really? I must see it after dinner.” While the oldest one chatted about tests and scores and all those things to her mother, the middle one, a girl too, talked to her father about her day. “I played with Clara today.”
“That’s great!” the father declared. “What else did you do?” The youngest one hungrily wolfed down his spaghetti and meatballs. The family eventually wrapped up dinner with a prayer. The three siblings chased each other about while the father and mother watched them, heads leaning on the other’s shoulder. The scene was heartwarming.

On The Hill
I ran up the hill, the grass brushing my feet. My siblings were getting closer. I inhaled while I ran forth with renewed burst of speed. The summit was close. The wind lifted up my thick hair as I reached it. I spread my arms out, reaching for the blue sky above me.
Tea, my sister caught up to me, panting. “Manang, that was quite a race.” She said in between breaths.
“I notice one of our childish trio is missing. Where’s Gusto?” She pointed down the hill. Gusto was only halfway there.
“While waiting, let’s look at the marvelous view.” Tea and I stared at the beauty before us.
“Huh. Never thought that concrete and nature would look good together.” said Tea. A pathway on our right led to a garden.
Farther off, I saw a forest, It’s trees like green paint on a perfect painting of a sunny morning in Tagaytay. “Ah, the missing piece to the puzzle. Look at this view.” I said as my youngest sibling appeared. Gusto looked at the majestic picture painted by nature’s palette. He looked up at me with the childish wonder he held in his eyes everyday.
“It’s awesome," he gasped. And in that moment, everything was perfect.

For One Moment
Everything was divine in every way it could be. The food was set. The guests were here. I was chatting with my best friends. We were talking about Minecraft, about Sims, about everything a 5th grader liked, at least in Assumption. I laughed as Bianca told a joke. Tori giggled as best as she could holding down soda in her mouth. My party was just great. My wish was that every single day could be like this. Everyday. That would be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment