Friday, August 28, 2015

Papa who wakes up in the dark: Line jumper from Sandra Cisneros


For Our Fathers

My Dad, who plays golf with me, likes online books, yoga and basketball, who does not watch movies, who taught me how to play golf, who reads to us and puts us to sleep on weekends, and takes care of me, is the best dad.

- M.A.

My Dad, who loves fashion, who tries hard, who loves us very much, who loves steak, and being fit, and sometimes has a bad temper, who, at the end of the day, will always be my one and only Dad.

- A.R.

I was in my Lolo's funeral and I never saw my Daddy cry before then. 
For my Lolo, 
who took out his teeth and had so many appointments, 
who gave me paper when I was little, 
who we kissed good night, 
who loved reading the Bible every night, 
who prayed to St. Therese, 
who worked a lot,
who loved us,
and loved to sleep,
who stayed at home,
who said goodbye to us,
and who I love very much.

-F.dC.

My father, who talks like a businessman, 
who tells really corny jokes, 
who is there for me, is my favorite dad;
who I'm happy to be with when mom isn't around,
who loves me no matter what,
who is the math pro, who is scary when he teaches me math,
who sweats on his head when he eats spicy food, 
is forever in my heart.

- M. M.

For Our Mothers

My mom is the first person I loved with all my heart. She was the one who introduced me to the world of learning, the one who taught me how to read, the one who taught me to appreciate everything.

Some people say I look nothing like my mom, some people say I look like a replica of her. Even if we don't look the same, we are family, and that is what's important.

My mom loves me, and I love her.

-A. M. 

My mom, with her skinny bones and straight posture, who makes sure I am okay and comforts me in times of loss, 
who has stayed strong for me, who makes sure she uplifts everyone who stays close to her, 
who tells me when I'm being insane, 
who loves me and my family unconditionally,
is my best friend.

-M. H.



No comments:

Post a Comment